Jun 1, 2011

Few Words

The biggest goal for this spring in orienteering was the Team`s National Championships. My morale before this was high and I was feeling confident. Before the two team stages we had the Night-O Champs. I had a mixed performance, with good running speed but with some major mistakes.I am not good in Night-O and will probably never be. The bad part is that around control 16th, in the green, I hit my foot very hard in a rock and I had to walk the last controls to the finish because my big toe from the left foot was hurting real bad.

Night-O Map
Results

The next day we had the middle distance (first stage for the teams). I started really bad and did a huge mistake in the first control ( I was distracted to the start by the flags for the kids that were looking the same as the ones from the start to the K start).After that I tried to push to recover for the lost time but no matter how hard I was pushing my body was saying NO! I just was not able to run (maybe it was because if the heat or I was just very very tired). I did some other small mistakes but my time was really bad and I finished with a very bad result not only for me but for the team also.

Middle Distance Map
Results

For the last day we had the Long Distance, and this time it was 85% forest (not like in the middle where we had mostly open areas). If last year I was better in Middle Distance, it seems this year things changed. My morale was down before the start. I started very easy to the first control knowing what happened to me in the days before. I did only 2 mistakes (7&8 control ) and one small to the end, where I was very tired. This time my speed was better and my result the same. But because of the Horror Middle Distance, this was not enough for a team`s medal...

Long Distance Map
Results