Jun 19, 2012

My Kind of Weekends/Life

Last two weekends were amazing for me, After a long period of writing my final paper I finally had some time off and decided with my friends to run at Hit the Top 2012, an up&down race with a lot of climb and a very steep downhill. The race was very nice and even though I had some foot problems I really enjoyed it, not to mention that I met with a lot of friends in a great atmosphere and nice weather. This was Adi Pasol`s first day out since his 9 months of absence so we decided to stay for one more day in Bran and do a training the next day even though we were a bit tired after the race. The plan was to reach Malaiesti and back. The funny part is that we didn`t calculate the distance or the climb and in the end realized that we did a 20k run with more than 1800m climb. Another day with great weather spent with friends on the mountain!What can one wish for more?


For the last weekend I had to go to Cheile Gradistei - Fundata to help a friend organize a mini trail/orienteering race for the company she works for. It was more than perfect as the weather was nice and sunny and I had time to run in the beautiful Moieciu area. Saturday I was alone on the second loop of EcoMarathon and I once again got mad at myself for abandoning the race but that is life!


On Sunday morning I woke up early, had some breakfast, took my bags and walked threw Fundata to Moieciu. I had time to admire all the beautiful landscapes and the peaceful morning in Fundata. In Moieciu I went to CEM and met there with Adi Bostan, Sis, Coco and Marius Vasilache. The plan was to run the last part of the 3rd loop and after Gutanu to Refugiul Batrana and back. I ran with Marius and we talked about running and stuff and we missed the path for a bit!I was not feeling very well because of the heat, but when we met Mihai Orleanu in Gutanu, that really got me going no matter what. We reached Batrana and after some time for relaxation and to admire the views we went downhill. In Moieciu we had a very nice time at CEM, with a lot of great people and incredible atmosphere that can only be found at Mihai Orleanu`s place. I traveled home with friends of Mihai that were very nice and drove me very close to my house and this way I thank them!




Overall this weekends recharged my batteries for this summer and made me realize how good is life when you are surrounded by friends and doing what you love!

RESULTS Hit the Top 2012

HTT 2012 - the teaser from ion trandafir on Vimeo.