Sep 20, 2011

Two Great Weekends - Next Stop: Marathon Piatra Craiului 2011

After the Orienteering National Championships I took some days off from running. The next weekend after Targu Jiu, we decided to travel to Piatra Craiului, for some training there. The weather was perfect for running and also the group was very nice. I prefer not to talk for the moment about how I felt running again in Piatra Craiului, but I can tell you that it felt like I was meeting a friend after a long time!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/113636421

The next day we moved to Iezer - Papusa mountains. I have never been there, but I liked it very much and for sure I will go back there soon.
For the next weekend, me and Daniel registered for our first Duatlon. We decided to compete in the Profi category, as a relay, with the well known name "Orienteering Team". We knew from the start it will be difficult, because the competitors were better prepared than us but we went there to give out best and enjoy.

I was doing the running part(5km), and even though I knew the course is not easy because of the stairs I gave it all my best and finished very close to the first runners. Daniel had a good race for his experience and even though he had some falls in the downhill part, I think he managed very good.
In the end I had to run another 2.5 km, but I didn`t push very hard because I was a bit tired after waiting in the sun for Daniel.


We finished on the 11th spot, but I am satisfied with this result. We promise to go back there next year and improve our results!

Results Duatlon Cetatea Brasovului 2011 - Profi Relay
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/115538599
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/115538604





 After the Duatlon was over, we moved to Victoria, alongside Radu Urdea. The plan was to reach Moldoveanu Peak (2544m), thi highest peak in Romania.
Many thank to Delia, for leting us sleep at her house. I would kill to have her window view everyday. She can see the Fagaras Mountains from her window...very impressive I have to tell.
The trip to Moldoveanu was really nice, and very fast, even though I thought it will tale longer. The scenary was incredible. Also I was very impressed by the tourists that were on the trails in Fagaras because they knew about mountain running and didn`t look at me like a weird man who was running like crazy!

On the peak, we rested for some time, recharged our "Batteries" and then went back downhill and
from there, straight home to Bucharest. This was the last real training
before Marathon Piatra Craiului. I`m very motivated to get a good result there, but I will treat Piatra Craiului with respect, because this is the starting point for my mountain running dreams!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/115538613

P.S. See you soon friend!